Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Breathe A Bit

Whether it was for 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years, you touch someone's heart when you serve a mission.

Just a few updates on different things going on:

Sister Mickelsen (my companion) and I got along great!  we are eternally sisters, she's just a little bit older than I.  I love the pakeha's and mauri's and everyone else in between!!  I got to fix different car problems and diagnose different problems on the ward member's cars.
We haven't had any new investigators but the investigators we worked with are making great progress.
  • Hine, Denise, Anna and Pau all committed to coming to church.
  • Mexiko committed to getting baptized!!!  She picked March 28!
  • We recently gave Jazmyne, Ammohia, Suede & Jehi a Book of Mormon.
  • Anna committed coming to church and would like her son Pau (pronounced po) to get baptized.
  • Nesta is Raya's boyfriend.  Raya is a member of the church, Nesta is not.  We went hiking up the Hakarimata (which is a long beautiful hike using only steep steep stairs) with Raya and Nesta and gave a really good lesson about the Purpose of our life on Earth.
  • Chance & Nellie, Jodi & Nathan are less actives but we haven't been able to catch up with them.
  • Denise lives on a small country farm.  She's the main investigator in her family.  She has two kids, her husband, a goat, a dog, 2 cats, and a dead possum.  We did service for her by helping to clean the farm on tuesday because they had an inspection on wednesday.  We spent five hours cleaning cow poop and manure off of milk cups!!!  Despite how disgusting it sounds, it was way fun!! (although I may have fractured my arm and really strained the muscles in my arms).
  • Hine is one of our investigators who has a lot of really deep questions that I still don't know how to answer, but I believe that they shouldn't be answered.  Sister Mickelsen and I believe that her questions are led by Satan to cause contention in what we teach.  We have a member fellowship, Sister Coffey to help us with Hine.  We're absolutely sure that Sister Coffey's spirit will really help us with Hine.
  • Suede is hesitant to read the Book of Mormon but is willing to pray about it.  Jehi, her adopted sister, hates reading but has an interest in reading the Book of Mormon.  Our goal is to help her read and understand what she is reading.
  • Christine absolutely loathes her daughter Merea.  Christine wants to be young again and doesn't even own up to the fact that she has kids.  We are working with both of them to improve their relationships with God before they even start to work on each other.
  • We've received several referrals but haven't been able to get in contact with: Ma, Tina, Michael (we caught up with once on coincedence/the Lord's time but haven't seen since), Cory, Rangi, Ritu, Piki and Tufangi.
  • Rangi Ching is a less active member whom we chase chickens and roosters for.  She also lets us jump her hay bales ;)
  • The Floods are a part-member family.  Their twin boys: Jadon & Jarom are investigators.  Jarom was thoroughly intrigued that I was a Mechanic.  He's learning about Construction work so we got to share some insides on both sides. :)
  • Sharmin & Lael (mother & daughter) just finished moving and are currently less actives.  We've been reviewing the Atonement and how the Atonement effects their lives today.
The food is not as processed as home is.  Its Good food and it makes my mouth water.  Its also very filling.  The ice cream is amazing!!!  Its made with real cream and it tastes like someone dumped french vanilla coffee creamer in the ice cream mixture!!  Its so sweet and delicious.  Fruit and Ice Cream is the most common dessert.  The only food that I don't like is their chocolate.  It doesn't taste as good.  Its flaky and dry and its nasty.  Sister Mickelsen agrees with me, but apparently we are the only ones who think it tastes disgusting.

In my last email, I talked about being homesick and really struggling with personal and medical and health issues that I was having.  Many of you are a part of my home ward so you already know, but for the rest of you...I came home yesterday and I was at church today.  I counseled with President Rudd (my mission president) & The Lord & the decision was to send me home.  I won't go in to any detail because, to be honest, (don't take offense) but its none of anyone else's business but my own.  I've had some amazing experiences and if you ever need to, you can pick my brain about New Zealand, I can tell you more, but for now The Lord needs me at home. :)
An interesting thing that I did experience on my way home was an extra long Saturday....The Longest Day Ever...

Thank you for all of your support and everything you've done for me and for my family.  If you sent me any letters or packages, I have confirmation from one of my good friends at the Mission Office that she will send everything back to me personally.  

I love you!!!

Sister Jones

No comments: